UTA Libraries provide financial support for UTA educators to enable participation in local, regional, and national OER conferences and events. Applications require a statement about why you are interested in participating in the conference; incomplete applications will not be considered. Currently, the program supports both attending and presenting at virtual open education events.
Travel scholarship applications for disciplinary events will be considered with confirmation that the recipient will present on OER at the event; a departmental match may be required for disciplinary conferences.
Please note the following:
- Event registration is not reimbursable; UTA Libraries will submit event registration for all recipients
- Scholarships may not exceed $5,000
- Scholarship funds may be used for airfare, hotel charges, and meals. Other travel costs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All travel is governed by university travel policies and procedures (e.g., receipts required for reimbursement)
- Permission to archive presentation materials in the UTA ResearchCommons is required for scholarship recipients
- Student presenters are also eligible for travel scholarships